Ceekr
Ankur Jain

Minimalism

Meditative TraditionsMindfulness Practices

Comments

• Gurender
    Hanji ankur, it's true
  • Ankur Jain
    i agree with what you are saying Gurinder. my point was limnited to ..

wisdom is the ability to discriminate between things ...

when one stands at a point where on is not attached or rather one is removed from the things then one is able ro see and the issue objectively and discriminate properly. so there is a corelarion between minimalism and wisdom ...

even to follow the middle path, one needs to be detached from either side enough to hold the balance in the middle ... otherwise one...  more
  • Gurender
    I too agree but we can't term wisdom as purely nothingness but minimalism if we wish to.

As bhudda said,
    "I have been to two extreme sides none is solution but i have found this mid-path"

Mid-path is same as what lao points out here,
    Just change of names, Bhudda's mid path rested upon 'sunya' while lao's on 'Tao'.

Though, by sunya, bhudda never meant "absolute nothingness" which we can confirm by lao when he says "Tao is full but only of itself none other".

Same is found with Sri...  more
  • Ankur Jain
    It is so interesting .. I have even experimented wirh this personally. When I was studying the geeta or trying or learn the essence of some thing i found myself detached and in mode of giving up.

On the other hand there were time when I wanted a material solution and I added things to my life and got more worldly engaged ... it helped me get my goal but then at the end there was pain even after getting the goal.

Wisdom is indeed closer to nothingness to minimalism

ATMGYAN vs VISHAYGYAN
  • Gurender
    Various branches of learning here termed as 'knowledge' though for gaining wisdom it is not never necessary to cover up all branches but just what is needed and remove what is not, Lao is very well known for his 'pathless' path which had nature 'just / in accordance with conscience based on Tao' with respect to situations presented before.

easily if said, Selfless path, which promotes doing what is just needed, now, what is needed and what is not? decides situations not 'ego' viz 'i' which has...  more
  • Jazzmina Moore
    So true and so wise but hard to do sometimes.